- IRS Payment Options Get Started For Free!
IRS Payment Options
There are three methods to pay the IRS HVUT.
- Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit) if filing electronically.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS).
- Check or money order using the payment voucher.
Electronic funds withdrawal (direct debit). If you are filing Form 2290 electronically, you can authorize a direct debit to make your payment. You can pay through the Checking / Saving bank account by providing the bank account# and routing number and IRS will debit the tax amount. It is noted that Taxseer2290 only passes the account information to the IRS but is in no way involved in the tax amount debited from the account. The only way to verify whether the actual money transfer from the account took place can be verified by checking the bank statement or calling the IRS help desk.
EFTPS. Using EFTPS is voluntary, but you must enroll in EFTPS before you can use it. To get more information or to enroll in EFTPS, visit the EFTPS website at EFTPS.gov or call 1-800-555-4477. If you choose to use the EFTPS option then you just need to confirm this option on Taxseer2290 and complete the Form 2290 e-file. It will be your responsibility to pay the pending HVUT through the EFTPS account and any delay in the pay could result in penalty from IRS.
Paying on time. For EFTPS payments to be on time, you must submit the payment by 8 p.m. Eastern time the day before the date the payment is due.
Check or money order. If you use this method on Taxseer2290 then a payment voucher is automatically generated and you can mail the check / money order along with the voucher. The following insturctions are important for sending check / money order for HVUT payment:
- Don't send cash.
- Make your check or money order payable to "United States Treasury."
- Write your name, address, EIN, "Form 2290," and the date (as entered in box 3) on your payment.
- If you filed electronically through Taxseer2290, don't send Form 2290 and Schedule 1 with the payment voucher.
- Don't staple your payment to the voucher or Form 2290.
- Contact Us
We are open from Monday through Friday daily from 9:00AM to 6:00 PM
12502 Grand Elm St,